My name is Timur Kristóf.
I’m a developer and electrical engineer who prefers quality over quantity. I currently contribute to the Linux open source graphics stack and other cool stuff.
I’m a subcontractor to Valve, working on the Linux open source graphics stack.
I contribute to RADV which is a Vulkan driver for AMD Radeon GPUs, along with ACO which is a shader compiler back-end for such GPUs.
Here are some of the more interesting things I’ve worked on over the past decade.
- SMOG-1 Pico satellite created by the Budapest University of Technology and Economics. I was responsible for the development of its on-board computer which coordinates all other subsystems. The satellite is still operational and working as intended, measuring the electro-smog around planet Earth.
- Sailfish OS Mobile operating system development, working as a subcontractor for Jolla. Contributed to UI and middleware components of the operating system.
- Syngo Worked at the clinical solutions department of Evosoft Hungary, developed software for medical devices and the healthcare industry in C#.
- Sense/Net A long-long time ago I used to be a web developer for Sense/Net where I worked on several ECMS projects.
- There are others which are not interesting and/or not relevant anymore, those are not listed here.
I have a BSc in Electrical Engineering, but by the time I got my degree I had already been working as a developer for several years, so I haven’t worked on electronics projects other than SMOG-1.
These days I enjoy low-level development, which is why I work on a graphics driver. It is much more exciting than most of the “enterprisey” stuff that I had worked on previously.
How to contact me
Most places you can find me under the nickname